Best Colleges for Obstetrics and Gynecology: Obstetrics and gynecology or obstetrics/gynecology is a medical specialty that focuses on women's health, particularly women's reproductive health. A gynecologist is a doctor who can diagnose and treat related disorders.reproductive system, including the ovaries and uterus.
An OB/GYN also watches patients during pregnancy and delivery. Some gynecologists may also have additional training in diagnosing metabolic disorders, often related to reproductive health, and may also help treat obesity.
An obstetrician-gynecologist may also be involved in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer of the reproductive system. This is a complex discipline that requires a thorough understanding of both the various aspects of women's health and the course of pregnancy and possible complications.
An OB/GYN would also need to have surgical skills, as well as midwifery skills.
table of Contents
- How Do We Choose the Best OB/GYN Schools?
- Best Colleges for Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Northwestern University (Feinberg School of Medicine), Chicago, IL
- Yale School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Emory University School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Universidad Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD
- Perelman School of Medicine, Universität von Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
- UT Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- important references
How Do We Choose the Best OB/GYN Schools?
So what is the best college for gynecology? In our search for the best universities, we use the following criteria:
- High qualifications from the national medical school.
- Reviews of the OB/GYN residencies offered by the school.
- The percentage of students matched with accredited obstetrics and gynecology residencies.
- Positive Student Reviews
- Availability of courses on new techniques (for example, new surgical methods).
- Presence of departments and research institutes specialized in women's health.
- Positive feedback from students.
How does one become an OB/GYN?
An obstetrician-gynecologist is a specialist doctor who deals with the female urogenital system. Learn how to become a gynecologist and qualifications.
Best Colleges for Obstetrics and Gynecology
Here are the best medical schools to prepare to become a gynecologist:
Northwestern University (Feinberg School of Medicine), Chicago, IL
The Feinberg School of Medicine is part of Northwestern University, a private school in Chicago, Illinois. The school ranks high and offers quality preparation for OB/GYN residencies.
Why study OB/GYN at Northwestern University??
- The school's curriculum focuses on active learning rather than pure lectures.
- Students can gain experience in OB/GYN as part of internships in the third year and rotations in the fourth year.
- The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Feinberg College of Medicine offers specialized courses in the most modern areas of the discipline.
- Medical school graduates are successfully placed in renowned residencies.
- The school has a specialized Women's Health Research Institute.
More information:Feinberg School of Medicine OB/GYN
Yale School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
Yale University is a highly ranked private institution that is part of the so-calledivyLeague. The Faculty of Medicine is also highly ranked and offers a quality curriculum.
The school's Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences offers a 4-year OB/GYN residency accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, with training taking place at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Why study Obstetrics and Gynecology at Yale School of Medicine?:
- The school's Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences offers several courses for undergraduate students.
- The school has a medical interest group specializing in obstetrics and gynecology for undergraduate students.
- For students in the third year of study, a women's and child's health internship is available at the department.
- There are several OB/GYN training locations in New Haven.
- There are several research seminars that focus on the reproductive sciences.
More information:Graduated in Obstetrics and Gynecology from Yale
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Harvard Medical School is part of the famous Ivy League University. It is currently the first among medical schools in the US It has a renowned department of obstetrics and gynecology that offers general courses for undergraduate students, as well as internships and residencies.
Why study Obstetrics and Gynecology at Harvard Medical School?:
- Harvard Medical School is a prominent and well-resourced institution that offers quality education.
- Harvard Medical School has several major teaching hospitals, including Brigham and Women's Hospital with a prominent women's health department.
- The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Harvard Medical School offers licensed specialists a comprehensive year-long course in obstetrics and gynecology that covers advances in various specialty areas.
More information:HMS de Harvard
Emory University School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Emory University is considered one of the best schools in the South. Its medical school is ranked in the top 25 by USNews, and its OB/GYN residency program is also highly regarded.
Why study OB/GYN at Emory University?
- Emory University's medical program is known for being clinically rigorous.
- OB/GYN residents would have the opportunity to practice at various Atlanta hospitals covering different specialties.
- A new grant is available in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology for the treatment of lower genital and anal dysplasia.
- Modern research facilities that allow studies in the fields.Genetic, genomics, metabolomics and immunotherapy.
More information:Emory Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
The University of California San Francisco is a public research university and part of the University of California system. The medical school is reputable and offers several degrees and accelerated programs.
Why study Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of California San Francisco:
- UCSF is known for its state-of-the-art teaching equipment.
- The curriculum includes unique electives and career support for seniors.
- The UCSF Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has a diverse research program in the field of women's health.
- The UCSF Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology offers courses for a variety of student groups, from nurses and midwives to medical students and graduate students.
- The UCSF Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology offers online and recorded lectures on important topics in the field.
Universidad Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine is well known and highly ranked. It offers rigorous medical training with excellent clinical experience.
Why study OB/GYN at Johns Hopkins?:
- Johns Hopkins is a leading medical school with an excellent reputation.
- A unique curricular organization where students participate in rotations alongside academics from the first year (Genes to Society Curriculum).
- The school campus offers various sports activities.
- The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology ranks second on the US news site.
More information:John Hopkins Obstetricia
Perelman School of Medicine, Universität von Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania is one of the most prestigious private universities in the Ivy League. The Perelman School of Medicine is known for its innovation and quality research.
Why Study OB/GYN at UPenn:
- UPenn's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology offers several specialties, from family planning to menopause.
- UPenn has specialized in the Penn Health For Women program.
- There are two hospitals with residency programs available: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania Hospital.
- The school has a simulation center for students that covers basic gynecological procedures.
- An in-depth course in Reproductive Pathology is offered to undergraduate students.Physiologyduring the internship.
More information:UPenn OB/GYN Degrees
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
The University of Southern California is located in one of the most famous cities in the state: Los Angeles. The medical school, the Keck School of Medicine, is the oldest medical school in Southern California.
Why Study OB/GYN at Keck School of Medicine:
- Keck School of Medicine is praised for its efficient administration and convenient campus for students.
- Students have mentors who help with clinical practice and patient relations.
- The Department of OB/GYN at the Keck School of Medicine has fellowships in Fetal Surgery and Global Health.
- Students are taught modern surgical techniques, including minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery.
- The Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology at the Keck School of Medicine has a highly acclaimed fertility department.
More information:Keck School of Medicine
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) is a leading public research university. Known for its active research and teaching, the university also develops community health programs in the state.
Why Study OB/GYN at OHSU:
- The OB/GYN Department has important research programs in the field of women's health and global health.
- The OHSU School of Medicine has a specialized Women's Health Center.
- Over 1,500 work clinically at OHSUdoctorsand other medical specialists.
- The OHSU School of Medicine curriculum was recently revised to reflect today's challenges.
- The school offers academic support and tutoring.
More information:OHSU Obgyn-Kurse
UT Health Science Center, Houston, TX
UTHealth is a medium public university specializing in health sciences. It is part of the University of Texas system. It is a relatively affordable school with rigorous academics focused on preparing students for careers and necessary exams. It also has an outstanding research center. Unlike most universities, UTHealth has no Greek life and is devoid of sports.
Why study OB/GYN at UTHealth??
- The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences has a new research program in Integrative Medicine for Women's Health.
- McGovern Medical School of UTHealth has a variety of unique research centers.
- The school offers several additional resources for students majoring in the health sciences.
- The school campus is very safe.
- McGovern Medical School offers an Obstetrics and Anesthesiology Specialist Scholarship.
More information:UTGesundheit obstetrics and gynecology
Most medical schools prepare thoroughly for further work in the clinic. However, with its resources and innovative curriculum, Johns Hopkins University seems to be the best school right now for a medical degree in general and an OB/GYN in particular.
Cite this page
BioExplorer.net. (2023, February 11). Top 10 Colleges for Obstetrics and Gynecology. Biological explorer.https://www.bioexplorer.net/mejores-universidades-para-obgyn.html/.
BioExplorer.net. "Top 10 BEST Colleges for ObGyn" Bio Explorer, 11 de febrero de 2023,https://www.bioexplorer.net/mejores-universidades-para-obgyn.html/.
BioExplorer.net. "Top 10 Colleges for OB/GYN" Bio Explorer, February 11, 2023.https://www.bioexplorer.net/mejores-universidades-para-obgyn.html/.
- "Women's Health Research Institute | Science for Nursing". Consulted on 09/05/2020.shortcut.
- "Repair manually". Consulted on 09/05/2020.shortcut.
What is a good step 1 score for Obgyn? ›
Step 1 – Score
240+ looks like a very solid score in OB/GYN, with the median being 230. Range programs do NOT typically offer interviews: 200-220 seems to be the minimum threshold we would recommend for having a good chance at enough interviews.
The average OB/GYN salary in the United States is $306,301 as of January 26, 2023, but the range typically falls between $265,801 and $368,601.Who is the most famous gynecologist? ›
- Dr. Monika Wadhwan. ...
- Dr. Padmapriya Vivek. Gynaecologist and Obstetrician. ...
- Dr. Madhu Srivastava. Gynaecologist and Obstetrician. ...
- Dr. Sita Rajan. Gynaecologist and Obstetrician. ...
- Dr. Aanchal Agarwal. Gynaecologist and Obstetrician. ...
- Dr. Sarada M. ...
- Dr. Puja Dewan. ...
- Dr. Dinesh Kansal.
How Much Does an Obstetrician and Gynecologist Make? Obstetricians and Gynecologists made a median salary of $208,000 in 2021. The best-paid 25% made $208,000 that year, while the lowest-paid 25% made $198,290.Is OB-GYN hard to match into? ›
The overall competitiveness level of obstetrics and gynecology is High for a U.S. senior. With a Step 1 score of 200, the probability of matching is 65%. With a Step 1 score of >240, the probability is 89%.